Friday, March 18, 2011

Hopes for the Future

This is very simple. I hope to go into remission and be able to return to work and go on with life and put this behind me. I understand that I have stage 4 cancer and will most likely be on some form of chemo therapy for the rest of my life. What I hope for is a treatment that allows me to work and live on my own and just let’s me get on with life. If that is not possible, I would like to get to a point where surgery is possible. At the moment the spots on my liver are not localized so that makes surgery impossible. But if we can get rid of some of the spots completely where there are only some on one side then a surgeon can go in and cut that part out. The cool thing about your liver is it can grow back. I have been told that they can take 80% of your liver and within 6 weeks it will mostly have grown back!

For now I just keep doing as my doctor tells me and go to treatment every two weeks. Living 2 months at a time in hopes for good results in which I can still go on with treatment and live as regular a life as possible. I am not prepared to ever give up and I believe the mentality you have about living with cancer can help sustain you. The more optimistic you are the more it feels like going through all this treatment will be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment