Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I got the call from a friend in March asking if I knew an organic chef who would be available immediately for a small job, to which I immediately asked “who wants to know?”
Apparently Suzanne Somers was coming to do a seminar in Ottawa and needed lunch for 5 or more in her green room.
Obviously I said, “I am”.
I’m not….
But really, what is an organic chef?
…I can cook, I can cook with organic ingredients…

Never mind that it was Thursday afternoon, I had shows at ATV the next morning and we had to have it dropped off and set up by 10:00 am Saturday morning (the same time as my daughter Rebecca’s 6th birthday party at Cosmic adventures…no problem!)

Having gone through Breast cancer, Suzanne Somers is very particular about what she will put into her body, she is in control of everything. She does eat meats and cheeses, lots of nuts and fruits and vegetables. Living in California makes this an easier feat year round. Our task was all organic, no sugar and it had to be finger food’ish.
Pictured below: anne nicol & Suzanne Somers & korey kealey!

I did mention that it was March so buying organic foods locally was challenging and very costly.
We didn’t plan a menu, rather we went shopping and bought all the foods that were attractive and organic. We then laid out our finds on the counter and went about mixing ingredients, concepts and ideas. What we came up with was creative (to say the least) and delicious. If an organic chef did prepare this meal the expensive condiments, olive oils, maple syrup etc. would probably have been in supply and not necessarily have to be purchased to supply a tbsp! I didn’t care, it’s Chrissy from Three’s Company!!!
If it wasn’t so crazy rushed, I might have jotted down some notes or a recipe or two but sometimes it is fun to just let your creativity flow. Please excuse the less than perfect photography. And enjoy the pictures, it was a thrill! If you really need a recipe email us at www.foodthought.com and we will put one to paper 

Organic Roasted Tomatoes on Polenta with Green Olive Tapenade (DELICIOUS!!!!)


Parmesan & Date Tuilles filled with Wild Mushroom Pate (personal favourite)


Tamari and Ginger Marinated Beef: (these were devoured)

No comments:

Post a Comment