Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A poem for the nurses out there

Here is a little poem. Nurse’s week is next week and I really want to recognize all the amazing contributions nurses make in the lives of their patients!

I develop relationships with my patients
Sometimes I get bodily fluids on my clothes, and that’s okay
I comfort the grieving
I am patient
I do the dirty work
Everyone I work with daily is very capable and effective
I see people as people, not cases, not statistics
I live and breathe life and death
I see people at their most vulnerable
I can draw blood so carefully that you barely even feel it
I facilitate healing
I CARE
I do what needs to be done
I Love wearing scrubs
I have given someone their first bath;
And I have given someone their last bath
~anonymous~
I am inspired daily by each and every one of you,
And am blessed to work with such passionate nurses!

No comments:

Post a Comment